Triple J Manor House Guest Health and Safety Protocols
Updated: Jan 29
Guest Health and Safety Protocols
The “new normal” that we faced this year is unprecedented in every respect for us and for you. We opened our historic property in 2016 as a meeting and special event venue to serve our clients, our guests, and our community. When we made the difficult decision to close our facility on March 16th, we did it with a heavy heart, knowing it was in the best interests of everyone, including our team members. We chose to remain closed until we could safely reopen and protect the health and safety of guests, vendor partners, and team members.
As we reopened our venue under NC Executive Orders, we implemented new protocols for guests, vendors, and team members that are in place to protect each of us in every way possible, using the best available science on sanitation and cleanliness for public areas, back of house corridors, food and beverage facilities, and even our outdoor venues. We will continue to revise and update these protocols as industry experts provide us additional guidance and best practices. These protocols are extensive and exceed those of many other venues and similar facilities.
Our primary concern remains the health and safety of our guests, our vendor partners, and our team members. Nothing will be sacrificed or compromised toward that objective.
To that end, our health and safety protocols have been developed around specific areas of responsibility for each of those groups. This document represents a summary of Triple J Manor House Guest Health and Safety Protocols. For a complete set of our protocols on cleaning and sanitizing, personal space restrictions, and food and beverage service, to include protocols for our vendor partners and our Triple J Manor House team members, please ask any member of our staff.
Thank you for your confidence in our Triple J Manor House team, to always serve with your health and safety as our primary goal.
Ericka Edwards, General Manager of Triple J Manor House
For our Triple J Manor House Guests:
Under Phase 3 Executive Orders of NC, Triple J Manor House will require guests to wear face coverings when in public places, indoor or outdoor, where physical distancing of six (6) feet from other people who are not members of the same household or residence is not possible, with prudence to be used during seated meal functions. Appropriate signage will also be displayed outlining proper use of masks, hand sanitizer, and social distancing practices throughout our venue.
· Guests will enter through doors that are either propped open or operated by a Triple J Manor House team member.
· Guests will be screened with infrared thermometers and asked to use hand sanitizer. Secondary screening will be conducted as needed.
· Entry and exit points will be separated and guest traffic patterns may be established depending on the nature and size of the event.
Cleaning and Sanitizing Guidelines
Triple J Manor House uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. We are working with our vendor partners and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of these cleaning supplies and all necessary PPE. Our public guest areas will be cleaned using the following general protocols (specific cleaning and sanitizing guidelines available in our Operations and Facilities protocols):
· The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public areas with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to all counters and public area surfaces, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, bathroom areas, handrails, food and beverages surfaces, and seating areas.
· During every event, a documented cleaning and sanitizing schedule is maintained and monitored for completeness and timeliness.
· Between every event, a complete cleaning and sanitizing process will be performed on all public areas and back of house areas using the proper cleaning and sanitizing equipment and protocols.
Social Distancing Guidelines
Triple J Manor House will expect and require appropriate social distancing guidelines of separation between guests in all areas of our venue. These guidelines will change as we move through the phases of recovery and reopening as prescribed by federal and state authorities. Currently that will include:
· Queueing in public areas that might include entry foyers, food and beverage areas, and restrooms.
· Seating for all functions, including theater seating, classroom seating for meetings, and banquet seating for all food and beverage functions in accordance with appropriate local and state authorities, including the Davie County Fire Marshal and CDC guidelines.
· Specific attention will be paid to restroom areas where limitations will be placed on the number of guests allowed in any restroom at any one time.
Food and Beverage Guidelines
Triple J Manor House will create a new standard and style of service to ensure guest safety while maintaining a high standard of quality for all food and beverage services. For a complete set of our food and beverage guidelines, please see a member of the Triple J Manor House team. Our food and beverage service guidelines will include:
· All service areas, both front of house and back of house, are to be sanitized at least once per hour during events and logged by a Triple J Manor House team leader.
· Dining tables, stools, and chairs are to be sanitized after each use.
· Condiments are to be served in disposable, single use containers.
· Bussing trays and all other service items are to be sanitized before and after each use.
· Storage containers are to be sanitized before and after each use.
· Food prep stations are to be sanitized at least once per hour during events.
· Our prep kitchen is to be deep cleaned and sanitized before and after every event.
· Food and beverage items being prepared for transfer to other catering team members are to be made using contactless methods.
· Self-serve buffets, family style service, and self-serve style food and beverage activities are suspended until further notice. All buffets will be served to guests by a trained attendant with appropriate sanitation practices and equipment
· Individually plated food service is highly recommended and will also be served by a trained attendant with appropriate sanitation practices and equipment.
· Service may be offered with either reusable or disposable ware, subject to review and approval by Triple J Manor House.
· Coffee and other break station items are to be served by an attendant.
· Flatware is to be provided as a roll-up for all events.
· Individual bottled water will be served in lieu of water carafes.
· Modified menus may be required for some events due to new guidelines on food preparation and service.
· New guidelines on seating and social distancing restrictions will be developed for each event in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines.